Waterjet Cutting System - Mid Rail Gantry
Capable of cutting complex parts from virtually any material, this workhorse water jet system is designed to provide years of dependable service in harsh industrial environments. Its sturdy design separates the motion system from the catcher tank, eliminating vibration and ensuring maximum part quality.
The Mid Rail Gantry water jet cutting machine utilizes the AquaVision Di industrial PC controller. It is ball-screw driven for optimal precision and features direct-couple AC brushless digital servo motors and single or double carriages. Critical bearing components are protected with heavy metalcovers with brush seals and positive air pressure.
Available in many sizes, from 5'x5' (1500mm x 1500mm) to 24'x13' (7300mm x 4000mm), the Mid Rail Gantry supports multiple cutting heads to maximize productivity. Optional mirroring capabilities make it possible to cut part cycle time in half. Optional Permalign® EDGE technology eliminates taper and cuts bevels to 55°.
A Cut Above the Competition
- Industry Leading Precision and Accuracy!
+/- 0.001" Linear positional accuracy (over 12")
+/- 0.001" Repeatability (bi-directional)
- Zero taper and 55° beveling option
- Supports multiple cutting heads
- Many sizes: 5'x5' (1500mm x 1500mm) to 24'x13' (7300mm x 4000mm)
- Sturdy design ensures lasting precision
- Motion system separated from the catcher tank, eliminating vibration and ensuring maximum part quality.
- Motion components are protected by metal covers with brush seals versus bellows that can puncture or tear.
- 300 IPM contouring and 500 IPM rapid positioning (460V)
- Easy to load with a forklift or crane.
- Cuts virtually anything!
- Optional mirroring - cuts part cycle time in half!
Like all Jet Edge waterjets, the Mid Rail Gantry waterjet system is made with pride in the U.S.A!
- View Photo Gallery
- Printable Specifications
- Webinar: Waterjet Cutting: Tips for Increasing Productivity and Reducing Costs
- Information Request Form
You also may be interested in Jet Edge's other precision waterjet products:
Jet Edge Mid Rail Gantry waterjets are powered by Jet Edge waterjet intensifier pumps.
Options and Accessories
Water Jet Closed Loop Filtration System
Filters and recycles water, eliminating the need to dump it down the drain.
Cut zero-taper parts and bevels up to 55°.
- Table sizes: 5'x5' to 24'x13' (1500mm x 1500mm) to (7300mm x 4000mm)
- 1 abrasivejet cutting head
- Closed loop drive system on X & Y Axis
- AC digital brushless servo motors, absolute encoders, SERCOS communication platform
- Preloaded anti-backlash recirculating ball screws
- Linear bearings with hardened precision ground ways
- Split Y-axis drive system (dual motors)
- Industrial PC controller
- Variable feed-rate override for contouring and rapid motions
- Individually controlled water and abrasive functions
- Auto, MDI (manual data input) and manual operation
- Full-featured hand-held pendant
- High pressure whip delivery system with hand valve
- Larger tables feature scissor arm high pressure plumbing to X-axis bridge; whip line high pressure plumbing to Z axis.
What Our Customers are Saying...
"Jet Edge's gantries are much superior to other systems that we have used. They have better controllers, are user-friendly and are more reliable. As an example, we produce many, many thousands of ring-shaped parts. Cutting circles is one of the hardest parts you can cut on an XY system, but we've had great success with the Jet Edge system. I believe this can be attributed to the combination of the cutting head and the gantry design."
-Matt Silvestro, Jobmaster Magnets Canada.
"We went with a Mid Rail Gantry for our second system because of the mirroring system and programmable head spacing. We cut a lot of extremely large parts and we can save a lot of time and money by mirroring. Fifty percent of the time, we are mirroring. The programmable head spacing also saves us 10-15 minutes per job on set up time...When we bought the second system, I got quotes from four companies and visited them all. The Jet Edge's tolerance was impressive. It met our specifications. The other machines that do mirroring don't come back into spec. Some of them are off by .030" to .040". You can't have a step like that on a part. Their head spacing tolerance had too much slop."
-Joe Quaal, Precision Waterjet Concepts
< Read Precision Waterjet Concepts' Jet Edge Success Story
- Jet Edge waterjets are manufactured according to National Machine Tool Building Association (NMTBA) standards.
- Motion system tolerance capabilities are verified through dynamic analysis using a Renishaw Ballbar System. This analysis assures customer satisfaction by delivering tight and consistent part cutting tolerances.
- Jet Edge waterjets are proudly made in U.S.A.